Sunday, January 2, 2011

Caught Another Fish

After several days of trying, we finally caught another mahi mahi. This time I tried my hand at carving it up. Yuk. I don't mind skinning and cleaning up the fillets, but I really didn't like sticking the knife into it while it was looking at me. I don't think I can do that again. (shudder) We flew the spinnaker all night last night. It was kind of scary because it was so dark and the wind was blowing pretty hard. We were flying along at 8+ knots. There is no moon at all and clouds were blocking most of the stars. It was pitch black and we even had a little rain. I'm so glad we didn't run into a squall. We're still spinnaker sailing today, making about 6 knots. As of this moment we have 650 miles to go.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment