Saturday, December 18, 2010

Heading to Cape Verde

It's Saturday morning at 11 a.m. We are going to Mindelo in Cape Verde. We've got 150 miles to go. Will arrive Sunday evening. We had great sailing yesterday. AND we caught a fish! Reeled it in and cleaned it while heeled over, without even slowing down. It was yummy and a nice change from the shoe-leather-chicken we've been eating every night. Before starting this voyage I loaded the freezer with pre-frozen double packs of skinless boneless chicken breasts. I thought I was being smart by not having to package and freeze fresh chicken. Unfortunately, each pack that I have defrosted so far has been freezer burnt. Grilling is out of the question. So I've been cutting them up in little pieces and making stews for dinner. I can make a pretty tasty stew, but the chicken bites are like chewing on an eraser. The fresh fish was delightful! We lost our wind last night and have been motoring ever since, but we don't care. We can refuel in Mindelo.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment