Friday, December 24, 2010

Ziggin and Zaggin

It's Christmas Eve morning and we are heading as westerly as we can, as well as remain under sail. Yesterday we wasted a lot of time going south to keep the spinnaker flying, then north again to get back on course. Overall, our distance-made-good to our destination wasn't too impressive. We got a lot of exercise though getting the spinnaker up and down twice. We struggled to get it down in 20 knot winds. That's always fun! (not) We've still got the swell that keeps us rolling side to side. We stagger around the boat like a bunch of drunks, including Lucy. But we're all doing fine and getting into our routine. We eat dinner early so I can sleep until 1 a.m. or so while Mike reads his Kindle in the cockpit. Then he sleeps until almost 6 a.m. I listen to my iPod while I'm on watch. I've got 14,000 tunes and I'm doing a random shuffle. A very entertaining variety. I'm up to song 700 now.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment